Signs that an apocalypse is upon us are readily available. Tune in too any news service!
Since theological libraries are difficult to find (and are currently closed), and you may not care to read such things anyway, for your convenience, edification, and entertainment I’ve composed my own list of ordinary (but unusual) signs that the resurrection is upon us.
1. One man who had no Facebook page, Twitter feed, or social media platform AT ALL has not one but TWO major holidays to commemorate him. And a bunch of other stuff too.
2. Coffee. I don’t know what coffee has to do with resurrection but it should.
3. Despite massive foolishness and high risk activities, I’m still alive and I became a pastor.
4. Some of the world’s best authors wrote some of the world’s best novels:
5. An entire movie genre was invented:
6. Forgiveness happens continually (usually when I—and you—don’t deserve it).
7. Sunrises: They occur over and over even when it’s cloudy and snowing (as it is this Easter day in Colorado) and we never tire of them.
8. Some really amazing music was written:
9. People keep conceiving, delivering, and raising children, and not just for the preservation of the species.
10. The Berlin Wall fell largely because a few Christians lit candles and refused to stop worshiping Jesus.
11. The church in sickness and health perseveres.
12. We invented a story about Easter bunnies laying eggs so those who find it too hard to believe the God who created life could bring someone back to life would have something to believe.
13. A rugged cross was transformed from a torture device to symbol of hope.
14. Pretzels: They supposedly represent the cross.
15. Christianity, for richer or poorer, became a principal world religion.
16. In a world always experiencing at least one war somewhere, peace constantly breaks out.
16. The Apostle Paul would have remained an obscure Jewish Pharisee.
17. Kanye West released a Jesus album: “Jesus Is King.”
18. Faith, Hope, and Love exist at all.
19. The name Jesus even is a thing much less resides in the top 100 most popular.
He is risen!